A possibility??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sethmage, May 25, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

Wow, that’s my fifth post today this really shows that I have a lot to do at work.

Because demo, let’s face it is short, most of us mortals (without beta access) passed with quite a few characters. Now before I ask another question let me describe situation I’m facing here.

I was playing a good character so after helping Doc and completed most of the quests for the town folks, I was pretty lovable (over 75%), then I accepted the quest to rob the bank. I went to the bank and waited for the teller to go to sleep and I used the dynamite to blow up the door and the chests. Funny thing is the guy didn’t wake up and all the people still loved me (although I was richer with money and experience). So now the question is, in the final version are merchants and rest of the population going to be lighter sleepers? :wink:

Seth.

2. Blunder

Blunder New Member

I tried doing some pickpocketing on the merchant who tells you about your ring. I got his key successfully then I went for his money. I did two failed attempts and this didn't affect how he felt towards me. I then failed a third time and then he decided to hate me. I find it strange that the merchant didn't notice I was trying to steal from him the first time around.

3. stravaig

stravaig New Member

Blunder -

A failed pickpocket attempt isn't automatically noticed. There's two levels of failure if you want to think of it that way: 1 - you fail to get the item and the victim remains oblivious, 2 - you fail to get the item and the victim notices, thereby lowering his reaction to Hatred.

- Stravaig

4. Blunder

Blunder New Member

Kind of like he turns or twists his body slightly so you call off the attempt yourself and the second example you stumble and bump into your mark as the wallet is being extracted form the inside coat pocket and the merchant notices it dangling from your hand.

Our Host!