Arcanum dialogue testing tool available.

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Dj_Unique, Jan 12, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dj_Unique

Dj_Unique Member

This post is about the Arcanum dialogue testing tool I'm currently working on. There is a beta version from March 2002 in distribution (on DarkUnderlord's site), but I have still been working on the program, and it has finally reached a releaseable state.
    (I have posted this on the Sierra forums too but the response there is extremely slow)

For those who don't know what this program does:

It's a very convenient way to test your module dialogues without jumping back and forth in the game. Errors in the dialogue file are reported if any found upon opening it, so it's much easier to fix them.

The final version has several feature additions since the beta: (for those who tried it)

-PC variables and flags are now working

-Voiceover works from any dialogue files, not just the official data

-official game dialogues can be imported without any manual hassles (this is probably not very useful for anyone else but myself, I use them to see what needs to be fixed in the dialogue engine)

and a few more cosmetic enhancements.

The tool is distributed as an installer executable, so it shouldn't be too hard to set it up. (Setup built with Innosetup 2, looks neat)

Download URL: http://users.kymp.net/~pitkanen/ArcTool ... _Setup.exe

(if anyone is willing to provide additional download locations, feel free to do so, the space on my ISP account is limited)

I am prepared to help if you have problems installing and/or running the tool. It was developed under Windows 98 so I have no idea how it works under other versions of Windows.

One final note: This is the initial public release, I will still develop the program even further, gradually enhancing the dialogue engine and other parts of the program to make it even better.

2. Ruelz

Ruelz New Member

sweeeeeeeeeet 8)

I had your beta version back when it came out, too. The interface took some time to get used to, but it was insanely useful.

Any new modders--or experienced ones for that matter--I highly recommend getting this. Nothing is quite so frustrating in modding as spending hours on a dialogue, then having the dialogue crash int he middle becasue you forgot ONE bracket or something!

Good to see you still into modding, DJ Unique. If i had programming experience or my own website, I would be the first to offer you another site to download from. As it is, i will ask a few people I know who mod and see what I can get.

And thanks. For working on soemthing liekt his, that benefits all of us.

Ruelz

Our Host!