ARTIST WANTED

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by DarkUnderlord, Dec 26, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Artist Wanted

For the past three months I have been devoting a substantial amount of my spare time to making an Arcanum module (An average of 2 hours per day). It's current working title is 'Grayhills'. While the mod is NOT near completion (perhaps another three months yet) I am in need of an artist(s). Currently, the mod is expected to have 14 end game slides (for various different endings, depending on what the player chooses to do). However, while I can make scripts, dialogue and build towns... I am incapable at drawing. As such, I need other people to make the slides for me. If you have artistic talents and are willing to make some/all of the slides for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have descriptions of what I want for the slides, the artist(s) would be given free range to make something that reasonably fits those descriptions. If you would like to help, then e-mail me at: darkunderlord@hotmail.com

If possible, I would like an example of your work (NOT as an attachment UNLESS it is UNDER 100 kb). If you have any art on a web-site somewhere, then give the http address of the site. If you contact me (and I've determined that you ARE genuine), you will be given a special preview of the 'Grayhills' mod so that you may have a better understanding of the module and storyline. I will then give you the details of ONE slide that I will want you to draw. Once that slide has been created, you will e-mail the finished slide back to me so that I can determine your ability and decide whether or not I want you to make any more slides. The decision to put your artwork in my module will depend on 2 things:
    1. How much I like it
    2. If I can find anything better

Any artist(s) that work on my module will be mentioned in the 'Credits' slide (which itself will have to be made by an artist). You will also be allowed to 'sign' your name in an 'out of the way' area on any slide that you make (As long as it doesn't interfere with the artwork or any end-game text on the slide). Whether that signature is your real name/nick name or includes a contact e-mail address or not, is entirely up to you.

The end-game slides that I want the artist(s) to create are Bitmaps of 800 x 600 pixels in 256 colors. They all end up to be about 470 kb each (I have mucked around and tried to use jpg files to reduce the file size of the slides, but Arcanum seems only to recognize bitmaps). While I would like each slide to be 'super-fantastic' I am willing to accept the eventuality that that may not be the case. I would rather have 14 decent slides that are ready on time (in about 3-4 months if possible), as opposed to waiting a year for the 'best ever' slides (unless my module takes that long to make).

NOTE: Replying to this message via this forum won't be any help as I've posted this in about 8 different forums and I doubt I'll remember to check them all.

Again, if you have some artistic talent and are interested in creating some end-game slides for my Arcanum module, then e-mail me at: darkunderlord@hotmail.com

DarkUnderlord
    -----------------
    Moo... Moo... I'm a Troika cow.

Our Host!