Bates Attackes me.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Brand, Jun 2, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Brand

Brand New Member

When I get in to see Bates I start to talk to him but no matter what I say he attacks me? What I doing worng? I didn't talk to Appleby I got in though the underground passage though and put on the servents clothes. I remember doing this before and it worked. I have the lastest patch applied and the Sinbad's Ship's Cabin & Cargo Hold with Composite Fixes applied.

2. toller

toller New Member

You need to complete clearing the factory problem to see Bates. Since you went around that he atacks.

If you have the letter in the baement of Schullers business just go talk to the gaurd n front of the castle. He will give you the task to solve the factory problem. Then you get access to the castle forever more.

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    If your persuasion is high enough, you may talk the guard into letting you in without solving the factory trouble. Handy if you're a mage and want to stay in-character.

4. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

If you are doing it via the Appleby method, go through the tunnel and get all of your followers servants clothes from the storeroom.

Then go back through the tunnel and approach the front gate of the mansion. Tell the guard that you are part of the staff. (Not sure if persuasion is required)

Then you should have a free run of the house as long as no one in your party removes their servant's clothing.

Our Host!