How do I repair equipment?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Bramble, Aug 23, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Bramble

Bramble New Member

I trashed my sword on the steam engine and I don't know how to repair weapons. I went to the blacksmith, but I didn't see any option for repairs.
    Can repairs be done and if so where? Thanks in advance...

2. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

Some Blacksmiths and some Junkyard dealers can repair items. If the one at the town you are at now doesn't, then you might have to pick pocket for another. Or ... pick up another one at the store ... or take it from a dead body.

If your sword is at 0/xxx HP, then I am not sure you will be able to fix it.

Next time, use arrows, explosives, bullets, or a spare weapon on those items.

3. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

:minigun: Obviously you haven't made it out of Shrouded Hills. Give the game a chance, then you can post the "big questions"

4. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I take it you smashed your sword in Srhouded Hills since you tried to smash a steam engine; you need to talk to Blacksmith, ask him what services he provides and there should be repair dialog option.

As for repairing completely broken items (the ones which turn red) only Master at Repair can fix those. He can be found no sooner than in Caladon which is pretty late in game. Also if you want to become Master at Repair yourself one day be wary what you do with camera found at the crash site as it'll be needed to complete Mastery quest. I don't know about other shopkeepers but if you gave/sold it to Riestezze he'll keep it so you don't need to worry.

5. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

:minigun: Tsk, tsk, Dragoon. An experienced marvel such as yourself, should know the blacksmith in Shrouded Hills does not repair your items.

6. Luinil

Luinil New Member

if he did the steam engine quest for jongle dunne then he should be able to make his way to dernholm and have his sword repaired there

7. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

If he smashed (broken) his sword the only place he can repair it is Caladon.

8. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Shame on me, I just never broke anything already in SH. Still at least I know there has to be an empty space between a smiley and rest of text for it to work :p

9. Bramble

Bramble New Member

Thanks

I did find a smith in Dernholm who could repair stuff for me. Thanks...

10. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

:minigun: Thanks for the space tip, Dragoon. Sometimes the face will appear and sometimes not, if there's no space that is. But just to be on the safe side I will always put a space in. space, space, space, space.

Our Host!