in car arcanum is there anyway to reset a paticular npc back

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by namad, Sep 6, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. namad

namad Member

in car arcanum is there anyway to reset a paticular npc back to their default scheme(even perhaps lets say with a savegame editor?)? i know some character have gems for this but some do not.. i've noticed that removing a followers gem doesnt change their scheme back but they continue using the gem's scheme

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I personally never tried to reset a NPC, but here's an idea: In the cheat barrel is gems for the various followers. Give your follower that particular gem and save. Then run around until you level-up and see if that does the trick. If not, then reload and remove the gem.

3. Zebulin

Zebulin New Member

Re: in car arcanum is there anyway to reset a paticular npc

for virgil I hadto give him a virgil gem until after he leveled to get him away from the melee dodge scheme i had diverted him to

4. namad

namad Member

yes the gems with someones name on them do work....

yes the gems with someones name on them do work....but there is not a gem for everyone... for instince i need an althea and a sogg gem...

5. namad

namad Member

i'm using the cheat profession gems.

i'm using the cheat profession gems... i just realized althea was useless as a schematic person due to having inventory issues... but i think i am going to have magnus master explosive/mechanical/smithy jayna theurputic/herbal/chemistry and myself electric,gunsmithy ...then just hold enuff manuals my main character can make all the found schematics....i am going to use mind marvel so mastering a tech only takes 17int not 19...and i noticed althea (who i was leaving alone...had 18int so i was going to make her do chemistry but then i noticed she cannot make charges due to thinking the juice is junk) anyways she got stuck on chemisty so i put her back on gunfighter doctor...but i was curious how she'd have naturally turned out so i wish i could reset her...same with sogg..

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sogg is pure melee-dodge. Althea's scheme escapes me at the moment - I'm at work - but she's equally skilled with swords, guns and theraputics.

If you want Althea to have something you just can't give her, have everyone in your party but Althea wait, take Althea a ways away, then drop that item. She'll walk over and get it. Go collect the rest of your party and adventure on.

7. Zebulin

Zebulin New Member

Re: yes the gems with someones name on them do work....

I'm almost certain sogg is melee dodge warrior. there is a gem for that.

you're probably out of luck on althea. she had a peculiar leveling scheme from what I've seen and I don't recall there being a gem for it.

8. namad

namad Member

althea might be the gunfighter doctor... although maybe shes

althea might be the gunfighter doctor... although maybe shes slightly different i just wasnt sure if sogg was that gem...but yeah giving him the melee dodge warrior gem has worked out fine

Our Host!