Item Description words DR PR FR NP EP ???

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by fleance, Sep 8, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. fleance

fleance New Member

I've paged through the manual, and haven't been able to find a description of item stats. For example:

SMALL MAGICK TRAVELER'S CLOAK

AC:3(+10) DR:+3(+10) PR:(+10) FR:+2(+10)
    Magic power available: 74%
    Weight: 60 stone 80/80

I understand AC=Armor Class,DR=Damage Resistance, PR=Poison Resistance, FR=Fire Resistance, but I don't understand what the numbers is parenthesis are DR: +3(+10).

Also, what is the Magic power available: 74% ?

Another example:
    GNOMISH CHAINMAIL
    AC: 12(+2) DR:+23 FR:+5 ER:-10(+10) NP:-20
    Magic power available: 100%
    Weight: 200 stone 150/150

Why does ER (Electrical Resistance) have -10 and +10 ? Also, what is NP stand for?

Thanks for any help or pointers in the manual or FAQ where this is explained.

2. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

Magic Power affects the bonuses in those brackets.

For example, if you had an armor that was AC:19[+30] and your Magic Power was 70% for that item, you'd be getting an AC of 19 + 21(70% of 30), or AC 30 total. If your Magic Power were 100%, you'd get the full bonus of the +30.

Make sense?

3. Acacia22

Acacia22 New Member

Interesting, the magic left in an item, does this deplete as the item is used, if so, is there a way to recharge the magic in the item?
    I'm a bit confused on abreviations also as they aren't listed in the manual, I can figure out 75% of them but there are some that still elude me.

4. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

NP = Noise Penalty. It's in page 115 but I don't know what its purpose is.

5. Acacia22

Acacia22 New Member

Aha! Noise Penalty, I would assume that effects your ability to Prowl.

6. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

It was funny in fallout2 when you could sneak just as well in a power armor, the days are gone.. Even got fixed in F:tactics.
    But that still doesn't answer their question on "how do you go to the bathroom in that?"

7. Manager

Manager New Member

Jinxed: well..i suppose there must be some kind of hole in the armor :smile:

8. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

No, no.. Magic Power isn't a quality of the armor. It's a quality YOU have with the armor. Your character's magic aptitude is pushing the enhancements, which are those bonus stats in the brackets.

In other words, the better you are at magic, the better your magic items work. Magic Power just shows how well they work as a percentage.

Fallout power armor is silent. It's also flexible. The "shell" of a Power Armor is actually a silver coated polymer with ablative properties.

Power armors also recycle liquid waste for the wearer, and store the water from it. There's no mention in either game what it does with the solids. :smile:

Our Host!