I've traveled so far in the Demo !?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hammer71, May 16, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Hammer71

Hammer71 New Member

In the demo i traveled upto Tarant but it doesn't exists (i mean when you go there on the map... there is only a river), in the travel i found great spiders (deadly), orcs (i couldn't see them seems they've got no sprite at all), kite (2-3 berserks at one time are kindly difficult to beat at start i am on level 6 now)) and pack of wolves.
    Also in some places (mostly when you battle the giant spider and orcs) i found checkered backgrounds (blu lines on purple) that means the lack of textures.

What the demo contains in 250 MB ??????
    I'll do soon a personal review of bugs i found in the demo along with good and worse things i think

2. Oyarsa

Oyarsa New Member

The 2D art is the single largest consumer of space. By removing the sprites for certain armours & weapons as well as whole groups of characters Troika was trying to get the demo size down to the 250 range. We're finding all sorts of places missing textures and fighting creatures whose only power is massive machine slowdowns because we're where we were not meant to be and thus encountering things that were removed because we shouldn't be seeing them.

3. Zed Blacksword

Zed Blacksword New Member

4. Spook

Spook New Member

Oh, would I not like to have a few patches to the Demo (for those that would want to download them) with the missing art, and maybe even females. :smile:

They could even give us a patch with some added areas to wet oure appitite, though I´m already roaring hungry others might need some more... Pretty please! :wink:

5. LordRamirez

LordRamirez New Member

hey hammer,

how did you get to tarant? i keep crossing the bridge only to activate the screenshots at the end of the demo...

is there some way i can get past this?

6. Bad Buck

Bad Buck New Member

********SPOILER*******

yeh you have to go as far as possible using the map an then go the rest of the way on foot all the way round the river to the north
    There is a gap between the river an the mountains

7. LordRamirez

LordRamirez New Member

8. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

9. Zen

Zen New Member

Use the worldmap as much as you can when getting aroun the river. When you can`t get any further on the Wmap, move a bit in the closeup map and try the world map again!
    Saves a lot of time!!
    Takes me only a few minutes... :smile:

- Zen

10. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

It took me half an hour to get back INTO the area so i could go to the town

11. Zen

Zen New Member

What!! Do you have a limp or something?

- Zen

12. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

No its just if you go to the top of the river, its mountain, you have to go like a few milimeters down away from the top then travel up and over the river which is a real pain

13. Blunder

Blunder New Member

One real easy way I found to get to the rest of the world is to travel west from SH. Either walk or use the map to get up by the priest's house then continue walking north to get to the end of the river.

From there, one can use the world map to get around. To get to the east side of the large river, I just set a waypoint for the other side of the river. Sometimes I had to try a few times around a bridge for it to set the waypoint correctly. This worked for getting into the southern portion of the map also. Some of the encounters (ie wererats) are a bit beyond me character yet, so I quickly backed out of there.

Hope this helps someone. :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blunder on 2001-05-24 16:31 ]</font>

14. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Actually, if you put your way points right up next to the river (real close as close as you can) sometimes if your lucky in placement, you don't have to do any normal walking

Our Host!