level modding

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by ssjdeathlord, Apr 6, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ssjdeathlord

ssjdeathlord New Member

I was just wondering how one would add more levels to the game, I've already got the lvl 127 mod, but I want to have every skill.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, in the readme it actually says that you aren't happy/want more levels, you can just add them. I have never tested this though.

3. mathboy

mathboy New Member

4. ssjdeathlord

ssjdeathlord New Member

ummm, I tried that already, and arcanum crashed on me as soon as I leveled up. I think the problem is lvl 127, it will crash if I reach 127. Also I might be a bit presumptous in saying this, but I think the author of the file meant by changing the progression he meant changing the needed xp values to reach those levels, which I've been doing.

5. ssjdeathlord

ssjdeathlord New Member

allright, well I've found the program, arceditor1_8 that lets me hack my saves so I don't need to mess with the levels anymore. But I cant get regsvr32 to run on the RICHED32.dll file, it tells me that "RICHED32.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. RICHED32.dll does not appear to be a .dll or a .ocx file." Does any one know what might be going wrong? Or if it is necessary to do that with the file?

6. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

The number of levels is hard-coded into the game, which is why you've to replace the Arcanum.exe file when installing the level 126 hack. Hence the number can't be changed unless you know hex editing (and not just how, but actually understand what the fuck you're doing).

7. Xz

Are you running Windows Vista?

8. arcaniman1993

arcaniman1993 New Member

you do know your character dosnt have to be perfect and know everything and have everything at the max because that will get rid of one of the rpg elements, making your charecter diffrent(not perfect
    ).

9. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

The guy who complains about useless posts posts something usless?

Well I'll be.

10. ssjdeathlord

ssjdeathlord New Member

Xz, I am not running Windows vista. On a side note though, I am starting a revolution against microsoft for releasing this putrid crap upon us.

arcaniman1993, First, I am playing the game for the story on my first playthrough, so I'm just trying to get through it fast, then I'll play the game again and tinker around with all the side-quests. Second, I am testing out the magick and tech colleges, seeing what spells are worth sinking the cps in to and what inventions are actually usefull.

11. Xz

If you're not on Vista the first thing you should try is downloading the arcanum save game editor again: http://www.terra-arcanum.com/downloads/ ... tor1_8.zip

Extract it, move the .dll and .ocx files to your windows/System32 folder and then go to your start menu -> run -> cmd
    and type in
    Code:
    regsvr32 COMDLG32.OCX MSCOMCT2.OCX MSSTDFMT.DLL RICHED32.DLL RICHTX32.OCX
    And then try to start the editor, if you get any errors during the regsvr32 phase, please ignore them until you've tried starting the editor. :)

12. ssjdeathlord

ssjdeathlord New Member

Well, thanks for the info. It appears that the editor just didn't like the save file I was trying to edit. I created a new save and it worked just fine.

Our Host!