Modifying NPC Autoleveling schemes.

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by daronrwilson, Dec 10, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. daronrwilson

daronrwilson New Member

I am wanting to modify NPC autoleveling schemes to allow Tech characters to reach level 7 in Mastery. I know nothing about any of the UnDat utilities, so any help should take into account that I know nothing about how to do this. I can't seem to get the UnDat utilities to work since the only one available on this site appears to me to have some bugs in it. The Mod Squad site has problems and no UnDat is availavle there. Please help.

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Unfortunately, I can't help you unless you can unDat certain .dat files. It's absolutely necessary for that to happen if you want to change auto-level schemes. Bear in mind, changing the schemes can be very tricky and confusing.

3. daronrwilson

daronrwilson New Member

James Watt is helping me.

James Watt is sending me the DOS version of the UnDat. I was also hoping that someone would send me UnDat 1.1 since the Mod Squad site appears to having difficulties. That and a little direction should get me through this. Maybe, we could post the improved Leveling schemes as a mod with me doing the slug work and others helping me getting it right. After all, Chris Beddoes has set up schemes for Anita and some other NPCs on his site and I guess what I'm trying to do might even be more welcome for the average player.

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Making schemes is easy once you know how to do it - it's done by typing in a certain skill or stat, then a number, which is what the skill should be taken to. Once all the skill points have been spent taking it to that value, it moves onto the next skill/stat.

Our Host!