New interview with Tim Cain on Arcanum

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Drog Alt, Jul 12, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4XVW6qcuzM

P.S. They're using the UAP in the video, that's pretty cool. Oh, and another cool thing is he mentions the dynamic shadows that "didn't make it into the game" that the last UAP unlocks (see the options menu).

2. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

That was an awesome find. Thanks for posting this up. Much appreciated. Would never have thought to go look for Tim Cain on YouTube, heh.

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  4. Sorg

Sorg Member

Damn, wish i could stream anything with my shitty internet.
    Does he mention anything interesting about Arcanum or a sequel maybe?
    /get his hopes up!

5. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

No, he doesn't. He talks about how he effectively, with his small team, produced the first Arcanum engine prototype to show the producers, as well as discussing his Everquest addiction after he finished working on Arcanum for the day. He also mentions things about how the storyline developed and how they came to shape the unique idea that came to be.

The only mentioning he did of anything that might be construed as a sequel was that 'secret' MMO that he has been working on for 5 years. I don't think it's Arcanum related. Didn't that get canceled or some such?

6. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I was watching it, loving it then I noticed in the related section there was Card Captor Sakura opening in the list, I was gunning for a fap so I clicked it.

Serious note though, he mentions an MMOs not having much individual customisation, Champions online is probably the best MMO I can suggest when it comes to making your character look how you want. As for being able to steal things from anyone including NPCs etc, Ultima Online is by far the most true form MMO besides EVE Online out these days. The fact that Ultima still runs and releases patches is a testament to its legacy.

7. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

8. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

:monkey2:

When I was just a kid I used to want to bang her, then I grew up and actually understood the idea of banging a chick....

I still want to.

Our Host!